When you feel depressed…
…you stop doing the things that keep you healthy, which makes everything worse.
Pick two of the ideas below to get started on the road out of depression.
You won’t want to, and you won’t feel good about it – but do it anyway.
- Eat three meals a day. Work on getting the four food-groups at least once a day.
- Exercise regularly. Bonus points for exercising outside or with other people.
- Use good sleep hygiene habits.
- Spend a little time each day with people you love. Look them in the eye.
- Reach out to old friends. Say hello. Talk about fun memories.
- Talk about your emotions with those closest to you.
- Catch your negative thoughts. They’re usually about you, the world & the future.
- Look for evidence that contradicts what you think.
- Write three things you are grateful for every night before bed.
- Serve others who are in need.
- Meditate on truths about God, yourself, and others.
- Attend church services.