Some couples feel that 45- or 60-minutes of counseling at a time is MORE than enough. Others, however, feel that they are just getting started when the session comes to an end. In these cases, we might recommend a marriage intensive. In marriage intensives, a couple sees a therapist for 2 or 3 hours at a time over the course of 2 or 3 consecutive days. A marriage intensive typically includes:
- A comprehensive assessment of the relationship
- Identifying core problems in the relationship
- Receiving feedback about your relational health and possible new directions
- Learning skills to help move forward
- Completing homework (between scheduled intensive sessions)
- Creating space for you to think and process
- Working through difficult areas in your marriage
- Breaking through emotional, relational, and spiritual obstacles that keep you stuck
Couples who attend a marriage intensive often say that they were able to move forward in ways they could not have done if they met with a counselor for shorter periods of time on a weekly basis.
Call us if you are interested in scheduling a marriage intensive.