DID YOU KNOW WE SPECIALIZE IN THIS??
You’ve been to rehab…Now what?
In fact, you turned your life inside out – gave up everything – to find sobriety, but recovery is still a long way off. Residential treatment was important, life changing. But nothing feels right, nothing feels good, and yet you can’t go backward…
Visit the website to learn more – here’s the link: https://www.envisionclinic.com/counseling/you-have-been-to-rehab-now-what/
HELPFUL RELATIONSHIP SKILLS
We all want to feel close to our spouse, family, and friends. Conflict can leave you feeling alone.
Here are some tips to help resolve relational conflict!
How did we end up here?
When we reach out for connection and don’t get it, we feel FEAR or PAIN. When we
feel afraid or hurt, we react in ways that tend to make our partner feel FEAR or PAIN.
Then he or she reacts in ways that increase our FEAR or PAIN. You get the idea.
How do we get out of here?
• Take a 24-hour break from the conflict.
• Calm down during that break.
• Come back to the conversation within 24 hours and try again.
• Discuss the situation with the intent to really hear your partner.
• Take turns being the one to speak and the one to listen.
• When listening, stop thinking about your response.
• Paraphrase what your partner said to make sure you heard it right.
• Be honest about what hurt.
• Put yourself in your partner’s shoes.
• Remember that you’ve hurt your partner before.
• Intentionally choose to not hold it against your partner.
To feel close again, give us a call.
We are here for you – call today to get on the schedule!